- Supporting social equity in access to Housing, Infrastructure and Social services.
- Human Development Plan for Urban Centers.
- Introduce measurable enhancement in the quality of Life of the inhabitants.
- Encourage the participation of the local community in the development process.
- Preservation of the social heritage.
- Sustainable Development through an Integrated Resource-based Development Plan.
- Enhance and develop the use of Renewable Energy in existing and new communities.
- Achieve environmental improvement and resource conservation.
- Enhance resilience towards climate change, natural hazards and risk management.
- Socio-economic effects associated with change in demographics, employment opportunities, income levels, the influx of construction workers and population increase in longer term.
- Address issues of artisanal and small scale mining and aboriginal residents.
- Conclude Net Economic Value considering existing and potential commercial and non-commercial sectors.
- Study the Socio-Economic Assessment and the Environmental Assessment results and demonstrate synergies and trade-offs at the overall level.
- Assess the environmental viability with a Strategic Environmental Assessment
- The impact of the developments proposed will be estimated with regards to various indicators.
- Urban impact assessment.
- The adverse impact of atmospheric emissions on air quality in and around the area.
- The mitigation of Mines closure.
- Methods for reducing environmental impact of transportation.
- Environmental and social effects of proposed energy based projects.
- Potential adverse effects on the marine environment and water quality.
- Measures aimed at reducing the CO2 emissions and final energy consumption.
WATER & WASTEWATER MANAGEMENT.
- Develop Water Management System to maximize the use of available water sources.
- Prioritize development activities based on efficient and sustainable use of water systems and resources.
- Rules for waste minimization in industrial facility (especially toxic).
SOLID WASTE MANAGEMENT
- Depositing of waste, sorting of waste material and compacting material prior to off-site disposal.
- The waste disposal area off the sites has to be defined and the access road to be preliminary designed.
Development Regulations & Guidelines
- Introduce the approved and most up-to date practices, technologies and regulations for extraction and beneficiation of resources.
- Highlight regulations concerned with Environmental aspects.
Organizational and Regulatory Structures
- Identify the organizational design describing key issues.
- Management and organizational design overall Strategy
- Propose the preferred institutional arrangements, including the organizational and regulatory framework required secure development and investment.
- Development of a mechanism for the coordination between relevant agencies and departments involved in development.
- Institutional framework for the proposed management scheme
- Prepare a sustainability framework to monitor and measure the implementing of Development Strategy.
- Identify methods and means for building adequate human and institutional capacity.
- Define strategic interventions and initiatives for improving level of competency.